Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Tuesday March 31, 2020

Today's Updates...


  • Wow!  Kindness Pod - you made our hearts swell with pride at the gifts you wanted to give the world in yesterday's responses.  Thank you for your thoughtfulness!
  • Blogs will continue to be used for daily connecting.  We are discontinuing having students comment directly on the blog because this strategy wasn't working for all.   
  • If your child was unable to comment in the blog, to ensure this is not a password issue, please ask your child to try and log into IRIS (they should know how to do this) via this link:  https://iris.cbe.ab.ca 

To Do's For Today...


  • Watch the story at the following link: https://youtu.be/79LIoCPjbRo.
  • We have been working on expanding sentences and supporting our thoughts with examples.  To continue practicing sentence writing, answer at least 2 of the questions below.  Responses should be emailed to your teacher rather than in the blog as mentioned in the video.
        • Where are you finding peace at this time?  
        • What activities are you doing to find peace at this time?  
        • What does peace look, feel, sound, smell like at this time? 
  • Please check out Mr. Der's blog here for a P.E. activity: https://ehsphysicaleducation.blogspot.com/  
  • Please check out Ms. Coulsen's link here: https://youtu.be/ZaRYBlv1o64.

Feeling bored (additional activities if you choose)...


  • We suggested you could draw or create a visual representation of what peace means to you right now.  Get creative in your visual journal by using pencil crayons, markers, magazines to show, 'What is peace to you right now at this moment?'
  • You could have a game of 'Circles and Stars' with a family member or on your own.  Remember the first roll of the die is your number of groups and the second, the number of stars in each group.  Can you write a repeated addition and multiplication equation?
  • Bring virtual reality animals into your home with a phone or tablet!!  Follow these instructions to learn how:  https://9to5google.com/2020/03/30/google-3d-animals-tiger-trend-coronavirus/


16 comments:

  1. To me Peace is chatting with my Friends on messenger Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace to me is to talk to my family.Abeeha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace to me is hanging out with my family and talking to my friends on messenger and not being affraid to go outside

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peace to me is right now is to spend a lot of time with my family.

    Yanni G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace right now to me is calling friends on messenger kids
    -Teagan

    ReplyDelete
  6. peace means helping others

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can we get a list of the teachers email addresses so that we can send our replies to the right email/teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What \peace is to me
    is quite, love, family, kindness, hope and joy.
    what peace feels like
    joy and happiness
    what peace smells like is the air the smell of fresh baked cookies and food.what peace taste like is eating an apple and the fresh baked cookies
    what peace looks likes saying Hi or Hello it is also keeping a distance away from people still someone in your family you can hug and kiss but ask before you do so if they ask you it is up to you if you allow it.
    what peace sounds like is being quiet.
    finding peace at this time is reading playing cards and be able to be with my family

    Caleb G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peace for me is love, friends, family, and be kind. from Jenny. K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peace to me is spending time with my family James R.

    ReplyDelete
  11. peace is playing on my backyard ice rink with my brother and my dad,or playing with my dog and solving a puzzel with my family


    Nathan.Redd

    ReplyDelete
  12. peace is helping others james j

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. I am finding peace at home
    2. I draw
    3. Peace is a family watching a movie

    By jeanica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peace means no fighting and the "golden rule"
    treat people how you would like to be treated

    ReplyDelete
  15. Peace for me is being outside doing activities with my family on a beautiful sunny day.

    Also playing with my sister Jyana in the snow.

    Also doing some cookies baking with my daddy and my sister.

    Also doing my homework with my mommy who takes lots of time to explain to me.

    Also doing what I love to do the most... Drawing.

    Jeanica.

    ReplyDelete