Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wednesday April 1, 2020

Today's Updates...

  • New today:  Let's try using your 'edu' school email that we sent your parents on Monday!
  • To email from your edu account, follow the directions at this link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/15u76iJUcqTkiqKLbHiJIgDr8rIHHjZOe/view?usp=sharing
  • Read the blog every day but remember, we aren't commenting on the blog anymore, as it has been disabled!  
  • For now, please send all emails to your responsibility teacher only.  Mr. Kelly and Ms. McLean's class should be emailing both teachers.

To Do's For Today...

  • Watch the story at the following link: https://youtu.be/I7iVkBSL4EY
  • After watching the story email your teacher using your 'edu' school email that we sent your parents on Monday.  Your response should include:
    1. A description about a time you experienced a situation that may have seemed negative either to you or other people, but you were able to find a positive within it.
    2. What did you do to find the positive? Did you change your thinking? Did you find  something you enjoyed about it? 
  • Hints ***
    • A really good answer will be in full sentences with capital letters and punctuation (2 minimum but more would be better).
    • It would also have some description of the situation and the feelings that you experienced.
    • Tell your teacher how you were feeling about it all - include the negative and the positive feelings.
    • Challenge:  Can you add a simile to your writing?

    Here's Ms. McLean's example:

    I found a new book that I really liked at Chapters one day when I was with Poppy and Maren. I decided to buy the book for Maren and I couldn't wait to read it at home. Foolishly, I let Maren hold the new book in the car. On the way home I heard RRRRRIIIIIPPP! Maren had torn a page out of my brand new book. I felt a little disappointed at first and I could've felt really bad about what happened. I decided that it wasn't an important page anyway so it wasn't worth getting frustrated over. I knew I could still enjoy a great story. 

Feeling bored (additional activities if you choose)...